Monday, July 10, 2006

 

Funerals, Cassocks and Albs

I attended a funeral today - not anyone I knew, but just to gain a better idea of the 'behind the scence' things that go on. I've also got around to asking J&M Sewing to send a catalogue (with fabric samples - I never thought that would be a relevent part of my life! to think!) around so I can choose my first cassock (and alb, but a cassock is far more fun), I've just had a bit of a windfall from the sale of some land somewhere, so I can take a bit out of that to pay. The email that I recived tried to poke me in the direction of a cassock-alb, but I'm having none of that sort of thing!

I also asked my vicar about a conference that I saw advertised in the Church Times recently, for men thinking of a vocation to the priesthood. It's in September at St. Stevens House, and sounds like a rather good thing to go along to. The only thing is, that there'll be a load of Forward in Faith-type chaps there, who I feel slightly intimidated by, what with special Bishops just for themselves. Sam may be interested as well, but I'll have to contact the new DDO (the old one having given up the job), the only problem being that I'm not quite sure who he is...

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?